Welcome To Quickbooks US Support
We thoroughly manage everything about Quickbook Software. You can connect with our Quickbooks Support Email, we strive to deliver the best services for your Quickbooks updates.
There is another tool called Quickbooks File diagnostic tool and this one, the doctor. These two have different features and they are useful in some different ways. Let’s get to know about this handy tool in the below section.
QuickBooks File Doctor- What Is a Doctor File?The doctor file was built in 2014 and later which only could solve data related issues. Apart from that, it could not help you in accessing company files issues. But if you are facing problems related to your company file which is damaged or you are getting error messages such as the 6000 series or H error series, then you can use the file doctor. This file will help you if you have these problems:
- You are unable to open your company file an error message occurs. The message can be any of the following: -6150, error-6000 -82, error-6000 -305, error-6000 -301, error-6147, or error-6130
- You are experiencing an H series error message
- Your QuickBooks company files are damaged and you only can use the sample file
- You cannot find the lists of your customers, vendors, or employees names
How Can the Doctor File Help You?If you are having the QB 6000 error series or H series problems, then you can use this tool. It is the best way to get rid of your QuickBooks file related issues. Also, when you are having a problem with multi-user setup, you can use this tool. If you are trying to access the company file which is located on any other computer, you can use this doctor file. It will help you to get rid of the issue.
How to Use QuickBooks File Doctor?
- Firstly, download the QB File Doctor and run the QBFD.exe file on your desktop
- Now, the installation process will start
- Make sure you have .net framework file on your computer. But don’t worry if it is not present in your computer, the doctor file will automatically set up and download the file.
- You now have to follow the simple installation process which is as same as the other software programs.
- Now do a double click on the doctor file icon from your desktop
- Browse the company file on your PC that you want to fix.
- Next, click on Diagnose file
- Now, on the prompted box, provide your login info username and password. You need to put the info of the company file that you want to check
- Now, you need to wait for some moments till the diagnosis process is done.
- Here, you have to select either Server or Workstation. Here you need to ensure that you are picking the right option
- If you are using a workstation that means the file is not present within the computer and you can access the file through the internet or multi-user environment. But if you are using a server computer, then it means that the company file is present or stored in your system.
- Choose Yes if you are running the doctor file on your server computer means the hosting computer
- Choose NO, if you are running the doctor file from a different computer that is not hosting the company file means workstation.
- Once the process is completed, close the doctor file
- Try to open the company file, to observe if the issue still persist or not
- After these, there will be three possible results.
The Doctor File Didn’t Find a ProblemIf the doctor could not recognize a problem, then you have to log in again to get back to the company file. If you are still unable to open the company file then you should start the auto data recovery setup and enter the transactions since having backup your data for the last time.
It Found a Problem And Fortunately Fixed it!If this happens, there it’s a very good news. Just click on Open New Company option when you see the issue is gone.
It Found a Problem But Unable to Fix ItIf this happens, then I would recommend you to start the auto data recovery option and enter your transaction details manually since the last backup or upload of your data file.
Limitations of QuickBooks File Doctor
- You need to be connected to the internet during the troubleshooting process or uploading file or repairing
- Your company file needs to be within 2 GB
- Your system requires multiple versions installed
- Follow the admin panel when you are trying to run the network diagnosis
- Your QuickBooks desktop needs to be in hosting mode
- The File doctor is only available in UK and USA. If your QuickBooks file is not from there, then contact Quickbooks customer service
- When the windows user account control mode is on, the file doctor will be re-launched
- This doctor file can only help you when you are unable to open the company file. In other cases, it will not help
© 2018 All rights reserved